[OSM-talk-ie] Noob question

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Thu Apr 24 00:21:50 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 16:42 +0100, Dermot McNally wrote:

> The cause is that, when I originally uploaded the Irish coastline
> data, I used the same source most countries do, a US government data
> file. This held that the river Moy down to where it enters that lake
> south of Lough Conn, the lake and the whole of Lough Conn are "sea"
> and the coastline took that long detour.

Actually, speaking of coastlines, have a look here:

http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.7947&lon=-9.5597&zoom=14&layers=B0FT

I've verified the route of the coast road with my own GPS, and it's
accurate. Any ideas on an approach to cleaning up the coastline?

Also, I have traced some rail lines from overhead imagery, but it seems
the imagery is slightly off. I'll hold off tracing any more until I can
get a GPS fix, or else an accurate sense of how much and in what
direction the imagery is off. Unfortunately the Yahoo imagery isn't very
detailed in Mayo...

--
Paul