[OSM-talk-ie] Getting junctions right

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Wed Apr 30 18:30:07 BST 2008

...particularly how to classify roads correctly. As an example, have a
look at:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.79693&lon=-8.92318&zoom=16&layers=B0FT

Ignore the sliproad from the roundabout north to the bypass; the SIs
tell me I should have tagged it as R329, which I've now done. The one to
the West I'm just not happy with. It's tagged as trunk_link, because it
was pretty much purpose built as an access road to the bypass, but I
don't like the way it renders - the green overlapping the orange just
looks sloppy.

I'm curious how others would have tagged it.

I'm also getting into the habit of leaving "ref" tags off roundabouts,
because they look silly with the route numbers rendered around them in
Osmarender, and also because it's not clear to me (for example) whether
the roundabout in the link above should be R323 or R329.

Good idea? Bad?

--
Paul