[OSM-talk-ie] Idea for another mapping weekend

Robert Fitzsimons robfitz at 273k.net
Sun Jan 20 14:08:57 GMT 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 06:04:12PM +0000, Brian McArdle wrote:
> I'm actually moving to Galway on Monday - I haven't done any mapping,
> apart from some testing, but I was going to map it over the next few
> weeks.

Should we find a different location?  As in does it stop us from
coordinating a mapping party in Galway?

I'd like to go somewhere which has almost nothing mapped in OSM, I think
that will result in the best before and after pictures.  Galway is nice
because most of us have probably been there before, it's got a local
college, and a local LUG.

We also might want to contact the local papers/radio before or after
the event.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 04:42:55PM +0000, Gareth Eason wrote:
>       More information as I get some stuff organised over the next
>       couple of weeks. Any suggestions for dates for a Galway weekend?

The following weekends skip Valentine's/Saint Patricks/Easter weekends,
I've also check for big local events in Galway and all these dates seem
clear.

Feb 9th, 10th
Feb 23rd, 24th
Mar 1st, 2nd
Mar 8th, 9th
Mar 29th, 30th

Personally I don't mind the dates, but I think the weekend of Feb 23rd,
24th or Mar 1st, 2nd, give enough time to get organised and are not too
far-off either.

Robert