[OSM-talk-ie] Highways inside Campuses

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 00:56:23 BST 2008

I too always use highway=service for this kind of situation. But
whatever way you look at it, residential is simply wrong, as it
implies that the surrounding area is residential in character. I don't
even consider that college residences would justify such tagging.

The only other halfway valid option would be unclassified, but I
prefer service because it implies strongly to routing software that
the roadway is only ever a valid route to somewhere that can be
reached by no other way.

Dermot