[OSM-talk-ie] State of the Map nearly here (T-10 days and counting...)

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Fri Jul 4 13:59:21 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 11:32 +0100, Dermot McNally wrote:

>  a few
> people have been producing animations of map coverage against time.
> Since Irish coverage has mushroomed dramatically in the last 2 years,
> it would be really interesting to get one done up for Ireland for use
> during the event. Does anybody know how these are produced?

I'd like to know this. I've found references to "party render" which is
used to produce animations of progress during mapping parties, but works
on gpx traces.

The "history" function of the API provides most of the information that
would be required to retrospectively produce snapshots of an area
through time. These snapshots could then be rendered as frames by
Osmarender.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to script something, but I can't
imagine I'll have it done by the weekend...!

--
Paul