[OSM-talk-ie] Hello, and Well Done!

Richard Cantwell manaboutcouch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:27:58 BST 2008

Hello fellow Irish OSMers,

I've just signed up, having been to the State of the Map conference in
Limerick at the weekend.

Hearty congratulations to all involved in the conference, it was very
interesting and superbly well put together.

I am hoping to help out with improving the Map in Ireland.  My background in
in GIS - I've been using it since the command-line days - so if I can
provide any assistance with the tools I have to hand (reprojecting data,
spatial analysis etc) please let me know.

I don't have a GPS of my own yet - I plan to drop a few hints that a shiny
new iPhone would make an ideal Christmas present - so I'm limiting my edits
to adding streets (from the Yahoo imagery) and names in the areas of Dublin
that I'm familiar with (South West inner city mainly).

Once again, well done on the conference and hopefully I'll meet up with some
of you for a beer or two in the future.

Regards,

Richard