[OSM-talk-ie] Achill

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Tue Jun 3 20:08:25 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 18:22 +0100, Rory McCann wrote:

> > I've also figured out how to do some things I hadn't known how to do in
> > JOSM, and how to make it more responsive, which should improve my
> > productivity.
>
> Feel like sharing your tips? :)

Heh. Really just a question of moving from total noob to beginner
status: I found out how to convert a GPS trace directly into ways so I
can hack them into shape. Previously I had been tracing over the GPS
tracks, which can be pretty laborious, especially for long and/or
winding routes.

I also figured that turning off the background image layer speeds things
up substantially, particularly as I wasn't generally bothering to
download the images.

--
Paul