[OSM-talk-ie] Talk-ie NooB says hello

baitboat dude baitboat_dude at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 14:32:13 BST 2008

Just to say Hi.

I’m based in Dublin Templeogue area, joined up recently.

Not familiar with JOSM at all.
Been using GPS for several years on marine nav instruments, also readymade car nav.
Am familiar with making Lowrance maps, using GPSMapedit.
Also use OziExplorer in PC and CE versions
But new to Ozi ….. can use it fine, but not familiar with all the bells and whistles at this point.
The Ozi CE version runs on a Fujitsu-Siemens Loox N560.
Am compiling depth contours of Irish lakes I fish for making bathymetric maps. Use DrDepth for collecting the sonar depth and GPS locations while on the water.
Here is some of what I’ve been doing so far:  http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/floattubeireland/making_fishing_maps.html

I never bothered saving tracks before, but after reading up on Openstreetmap activities have done so from start of last month.
Mainly of smaller roads around fishing lakes, in “holes between” national roads, so they might be new traces to the Openstreetmap.
But as yet I wouldn’t have a notion about translating into JOSM, and adding to the database.

Will have to lurk, and read, and lurk and study for a while.

Cheers