[OSM-talk-ie] Completeness/usefulness

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Wed Jun 18 00:21:47 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 19:57 +0100, Dermot McNally wrote:

> In our case we have a mix of detail levels that has arisen in a more
> haphazard way. Your systematic mapping exercise is laudable, but we'll
> need a lot more mappers before we'll cover the whole country that way.
> IMO, National and Regional roads get you most of the credit. There are
> strategic local roads that are well worth adding, and it's easy to
> spot them - these would be roads that represent shortcuts on journeys
> between two places of significance and whose quality is such that it
> would be reasonable for a navigation application to route people down
> them.

Yup - I'm striking a balance between what most urgently needs to be
mapped, and what I can sell to Her Indoors as a nice scenic drive in the
country. :)

> Is Mayo CC signing
> L-roads yet? If so, have you been collecting them? I've taken to doing
> this with a voice recorder.

Those that I saw signed during this weekend's trip I've tagged, by
getting Her Indoors to take snapshots of the signs as we drive past.
There really aren't many signposted, but they seem to be working on it.

--
Paul