[OSM-talk-ie] Newbie!

Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie
Sun Mar 16 20:49:51 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

After having an idle account for quite a while, I've finally started
mapping in my local area (South Kildare). I'm getting the hang of JOSM,
but I've two questions so far that I don't see an obvious answer to in
the docs.

1) Is there a way to classify narrow tertiary roads, as opposed to
"normal" width ones? On Ordnance Survey maps these would show up as
skinny yellow roads.

2) Some of the existing roads seem to have far more nodes than
necessary, for example a dozen in 100 metres that's dead straight. In
some places this also leaves the road in the generated map a bit
"rippled". Is it a good idea to clean up some of these roads?

Cheers,

Andrew