[OSM-talk-ie] Ennis bypass

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Thu May 22 14:08:06 BST 2008

2008/5/22 Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org>:

> You can edit GPX data by converting it to OSM format using gpsbabel,
> then edit it in JOSM, then convert it to GPX again suitable for updating.

That seems a bit cumbersome. In particular, JOSM doesn't need gpsbabel
to turn GPX into OSM, you can simply convert the GPX layer to data,
then use the simplify way feature of the Utils plugin to strip out
unnecessary nodes according to your preferred granularity. By this
stage, I don't normally see a lot of benefit in returning my work to
GPX, but that's just me...

Dermot