[OSM-talk-ie] Tagging townlands in OSM-Ireland

Patrick Casey pcasey at compuserve.com
Fri Sep 12 19:55:12 BST 2008

Hi Dermot,

I'm afraid I won't be in Kilrush in the immediate future. I live in
Switzerland and get over to the family patch in Clare whenever Ryanair and
EasyJet manage to synchronise their schedules but don't have a trip
scheduled at the moment. However, I've contacted people in Clare who know
lots of people in the Kilrush area and they are going to see whether anyone
there has a GPS and would be prepared to motor the N68 and collect tracks.
Most people there use RIGPS* rather than GPS but  nowadays it is difficult
to buy a mobile phone without a GPS so maybe someone will pop up.

Watch this space.

Paddy

* RIGPS = Rural Irish Global Positioning System; you just pull over at the
next farm gate and ask where you are.