[OSM-talk-ie] Tagging holy wells

Patrick Casey pcasey at compuserve.com
Sat Sep 13 18:21:23 BST 2008

Hi Dermot,

Your arguments convince me, particularly the one about "You don't want to
navigate that guy to a holy well on a rainy Sunday morning". I'll drop the
place_of_worship.

Re. the creation of tags, I, as a newbie, am becoming confused here. I
thought the idea of tags was to create standardised descriptions which would
help renderers assign symbols and position legends on a map. This is clearly
not the case if creation of tags by beginners like me is allowed.

However, when I am new to a field I am a great follower of the principle
"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do & die"
(or whatever Tennyson's exact words were) so I'm boilerplating your tags
below.

Thanks very much for your help. Thanks to it each of my strides is getting
longer.

Paddy

P.S. I loved the one about the moving statue, had me spluttering my evening
gin and tonic into my keyboard.
P.P.S. What does Class 2 mean ?