[OSM-talk-ie] Tagging townlands in OSM-Ireland

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:13:38 BST 2008

2008/9/15 Richard Cantwell <manaboutcouch at gmail.com>:

> I have a trace for the uncompleted section of the N56, as well as the N14
> Lifford / Letterkenny road and some minor roads in and around Gweedore /
> Bloody Foreland. I haven't been able to upload thus far as I have been very
> busy, but I'll put them up this week.

That would be _extremely_ welcome. For context - next Saturday I'll be
giving a presentation on OSM in Dublin. I was going to explain how the
National Road network is "mostly" complete. At this rate, I may be
able to do better than that.

http://meanmachine.wordpress.com/2008/08/21/registration-for-the-software-freedom-day-2008-in-dublin-is-now-open/

Based on your traces and the joining up of Kilrush, we will be able to
call the network complete. The missing pieces will be reduced to the
following kinds of thing:

- Exact border crossing points on Donegal routes
- The fact that the classified roads that converge on Tralee need
tagging in urban area.
- Junction detail on N18 between Limerick and Ennis.
- Alleged issues around Cork City, but I can't get a visa to go and check

Did you manage to record any border crossing points? Lifford-Strabane
isn't so important, since the river can't be missed, but maybe you
have others...

Dermot