[OSM-talk-ie] Tagging townlands in OSM-Ireland

Paul Cunnane paul at cunnane.net
Mon Sep 15 20:00:52 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 19:10 +0100, Paul Cunnane wrote:

> Hm. That's a bit bizarre. I can say for certainty that the stretch I've
> tagged as one-way is so, and I'm pretty sure it's the end of the N68
> because I was following signs on the way in, specifically with a view to
> closing that section. The fact that a one-way section of an N-road
> doesn't make sense didn't occur to me at the time, or I'd have paid more
> attention.

Google Maps and Yahoo Maps seem to show the N68 talking a different
route, turning right at the start of the one-way section (which does
seem to be Vandeleur Street). My old Discovery map seems to show it
going straight into town, along Vandeleur.

I'm going to speculate that Vandeleur was fairly recently made one-way,
and the N68 was re-routed accordingly along the adjacent street. It
seems my trip was in vain, at least from an OSM perspective. :(

--
Paul