[OSM-talk-ie] Tagging townlands in OSM-Ireland

Patrick Casey pcasey at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 16 06:19:38 BST 2008

I switched on my IRGPS here in Switzerland ( = asked a friend in Clare whose
husband worked in Kilrush for n years) and established that "......there is
indeed a Vandeleur St in Kilrush and it has been one-way (going in towards
the town) for the past few years....."

Also, I see from
http://www.clarecoco.ie/Aboutus/Docs/Annual_Report_2007/annual_report_07_16.
html that "......in 2007...Vandeleur Street was completely resurfaced......"
(by the way, that page contains a number of snippets which might be relevant
to mapping in Kilrush such as ".....Throughout 2007 work continued on the
pilot phase of the regeneration works, with back lanes eliminated, gardens
lengthened and boundary walls erected. Vacant houses at Willow Green were
demolished and work began on the renovation and construction of the new
housing development at Willow Green......".

Is that any help ?

Paddy