[OSM-talk-ie] Fwd: Local Chapter Working Group Update - Looking for Volunteers]

Christian van den Bosch cjb at cjb.ie
Thu Apr 16 17:17:50 BST 2009

...and in my enthusiasm I forgot the talk-ie list drops attachments!

So, an Irish OSM-F chapter? What do people think?

Reposting this to the OSM-F list, as it should be of interest here:

Hello,

The Local Chapters Working Group is looking for volunteers to help drive
the local chapters process through to completion.  Since late last year
the group has been working to set up local OSM-F chapters that will
represent the OSM-F in local territories.  Local Chapters give local OSM
groups the opportunity to officially represent the OSM-F: they can use
the OSM logos and web domains and officially represent the OSM-F to
companies, governments and media.

You can find out more about Local Chapters here:
http://www.blacksworld.net/blog/2008/12/11/osm-f-update-local-chapters-are-coming/

The next phase of work for the Local Chapters Group will involve opening
more discussions with potential local leaders and members.  We want to
make sure that the Local chapters work to help the people on the ground
organize mapping and OpenStreetMap activities more effectively.  To
carry this out, we need help from some volunteers who can dedicate 2-4
hours a week over the next 6 weeks to get in touch with potential local
leaders and members.

If can offer you time to call, email and engage in dialogue with OSMers
around the world, and then work with the Local Chapters Group to refine
the current draft, please get in touch with me (nick at osmfoundation.org).

If you are a local leader or community member who's been in contact with
me or the Local Chapters group recently - we'll be getting back in touch
soon.  If you have not had a chance to give you opinion, or if you have
any more questions, please get in touch.

The latest working draft of the Federation agreement is here:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgdmw5gt_7gtj36hhh

--
Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b