[OSM-talk-ie] Obtaining more info from cso.ie

Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie
Sun Jan 11 20:42:51 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 08:19:15PM +0000, Dermot McNally wrote:
> 2009/1/8 Michael Thompson <michaelnt at gmail.com>:
>
> >   Has there been any progress in obtaining some more information from the cso?
> >
> > For instance the electoral boundaries are very restrictively licensed
>
> Has anybody tried to get access to this kind of data? It would be
> useful, but could be very tricky, especially if some of the
> interesting data uses OS basemaps.

I found the official description of the boundary of Athy Town which was
expanded in 1988. I imagine this is the only free source for this, and
if you asked is probably what they'd send you. Unfortunately it's
absolutely impenetrable (see the section under "schedule"):
	http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1988/en/si/0088.html

I'd dread to think all county or electoral boundaries are described in
the same way, but I haven't succeeded in finding them online, at least.

Andrew