[OSM-talk-ie] FYI: N Route re-designations as Motorways

Richard Cantwell manaboutcouch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:00:58 BST 2009

Good Afternoon All.

Just a quick heads-up, if you havent heard elsewhere, the Motorway
re-designation scheme is coming into effect on August 28th.  Details here:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0714/1224250638091.html

It would be demonstrative of the power of crowdsourced data if we could
ensure that our data gets updated that day to reflect the changes
instantaneously.  I imagine it will be a year or two before OSi re-issue the
Discovery Series (1:50,000) with the changes shown.  It will also be
interesting to see how long it takes TeleAtlas (and thus Google) to update
their mapping.

I'm not too familiar with the tagging process, but might it be an option to
prepare for this event by adding a tag to all of the sections of N Road
which are about to change, so that they can be easily changed on the day
itself?

regards,

Richard

-=-