[OSM-talk-ie] Importing CVS

Karl Grant karlgrant06 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 22:24:27 BST 2009

I explained the openstreetmap principle to the engineer involved and she saw
no problems with it, there's certainly no OSI licences involved.

If I can't find that plug in I'll try to change it to xml / gpx
If this works OSM will be the only publically available, easily accessible
map with the local road references in Longford. Most of the roads aren't
even signed!

Now I just have to drive :

Class 1: Local Primary, 420.88Km
Class 2: Local Secondary, 566.05Km
Class 3: Tertiary Roads, 329.18Km

2009/10/7 Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com>

> Hi Karl,
>
> Seems like great news. The obvious question here - is it's licence
> compatible with CC-SA? Also, if I'm reading you right, we'll end up
> with a load of points that appear somewhere (half way?) along the
> length of the road in question. This would be very handy, as it'll
> help us spot missing roads.
>
> As to getting them imported, JOSM has a dataimport plugin about which
> claims to support "many" file formats, so you'd imagine CSV would be
> in there. Although I have it installed, I can't spot any way to
> actually use it. I'll persevere, though.
>
> Regards,
> Dermot
>
> 2009/10/7 Karl Grant <karlgrant06 at gmail.com>:
>  > Hi all,
> > I've managed to get my hands on a list of all the local roads in
> longford;
> > basically it's the location of the road label (Northing, Eastings) taken
> from
> > their GIS system. I have converted this to Lat / Long using a MapQuest
> > program.
> >
> > Is there any way that I can import this CSV list into JOSM and upload
> them as
> > nodes to OSM for others to use.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karl