[OSM-talk-ie] IIA - Digitise The Nation, 17-21 May. Promotion Opp?

Richard Cantwell manaboutcouch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 23:09:32 BST 2010

I have been talking with Joan Mulvihill (IIA CEO) and there is a lot of
interest on their part.

As their event is running Monday to Friday we're pretty much restricted to a
weeknight, although it might be an idea to organise a follow-up party for a
week or two after the event, to build on publicity.

Given the time constraints I think an Intro Mapping Party, like the one we
did for re:public, as mentioned by Rory, might be the best option.  We could
precede this with a lightning talk or two - to give an overview of what OSM
is and why it matters.  If we follow the walking tour with an editing
session we could possibly fit the whole event into a 3 hour timeslot.

I'm leaning towards the Wednesday - 19th. The 20th is out as that's the
IIA's gala night. As for time? 7pm until 10? 6pm until 9?

I would hope that we could run an event in Dublin and hopefully in Cork and
Nenagh, anybody else want to chip in?

Regards,

Richard