[OSM-talk-ie] Query

Paul O'Shea oshea.paul at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 20:11:21 BST 2010

Hi Paul, Bartosz
Based on the comments on changes since April (and the user name), I'm
assuming that the mapper is a local and that the detail is based on
GPS tracks over that time rather than from imagery.

I'm relatively new to the OSM mapping myself and almost always rely on
GPS traces. I normally update the Source as GPS and push up the tracks
I use intermittently. Is there an accepted minimum set requirements
that people should use for establishing the source of maps uploaded?

Paul, is there a particular reason why the Letterkenny map appears to
you to be from imagery? I'm not challenging your interpretation, I'd
just like to understand the reasoning for future reference in my own
mapping.

Cheers,
Paul