[OSM-talk-ie] Dublin Bus Stops

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 01:13:12 BST 2010

On 7 September 2010 23:44, Paddy <paddyfitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dermot,
> Yeah its a bit of a grey area alright :)
> I have sent a few emails to Dublin Bus networkdirect at dublinbus.ie and
> info at dublinbus.ie but haven't received any reply.
> I have received a positive reply from the Department of Transport thats why I
> haven't really thought of the licensing issues.

Well, they stopped short of telling you that you could use DB data,
but as I mentioned, I mean to get that information either from them or
from a higher authority. I'm hoping that the licencing requirement for
routes and stops will mean that the data is also known by other
bodies. Again, the minute we can be sure it's ours to use, it will be
full speed ahead.

> I could email the Department of Transport again to see where we stand?

If you wish - they may kick the question elsewhere, but I'll keep
working on my own channels and let's see if we can crack it between
us.

Dermot