[OSM-talk-ie] Coastline Issue

Richard Cantwell manaboutcouch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:57:48 BST 2011

Hi All.

I was doing a bit of mapping in Donegal at the weekend and noticed
that there is a coastline error in Dunfanaghy (here:
http://osm.org/go/etw3ZZ7e) which places most of the village centre
underwater.  The county boundary is correct, but the coastline is not.

I've been experimenting with building my own tiles and I've learned
that the coastline dataset seems to be separate from the main OSM
dataset.  Before correcting the coastline in this area (to make it
match the county boundary) are there any gotchas I should watch out
for?

Regards,

Richard

-=-