[OSM-talk-ie] Motorway ramps with L numbers?

Andrew McCarthy me at andrewmccarthy.ie
Sat Jul 2 19:30:33 BST 2011

Hi folks,

Here's an odd one, in reference to junction 12 on the M7:
	http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.16201&lon=-6.82362&zoom=16&layers=M

Take a look the Kildare "Review of Speed Limits 2010":
	http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Transportation/SpeedLimitReview/LinkToDocument,21745,en.pdf

At the bottom of page 15 / start of page 16 it describes Ballymany
Interchange, and it describes the speed limits of on and off-ramps of the Motorway as
follows:
	"(d) The Eastbound on ramp (L-30082) from its junction with the
	northern roundabout to a point 37 meters southeast of said
	junction.

	"(e) The Eastbound off ramp (L-30081) from a point 20 meters
	southwest of its junction to the northern roundabout to said
	junction.

	"(f) The Westbound off ramp (L-30083) from a point 80 meters
	northeast of its junction with the Southern roundabout to said
	junction.

	"(g) The Westbound on ramp (L-30084) from its junction with the
	Southern roundabout to a point 50 metres northwest of said
	junction."

It'd be technically correct to have that as the ref for the ramps, but
routing instructions would be dreadful and nobody would thank us for it.
On the other hand I'd hate to just ignore it now that I've figured it
out :)

Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions on tagging this one?
"loc_ref=...", maybe?

Andrew