[OSM-talk-ie] Using data from National Parks & Wildlife Service

Karl Grant karlgrant06 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:59:25 GMT 2011

AFAIK its still copyrighted even though its free , so I don't think you can
use it on something that effectively makes it public domain . but some one
more knowledgable should be along  shortly :)

Sent from my mobile.
On 12 Mar 2011 20:54, <tongro at eircom.net> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does anybody know if it's permissible to use map data downloaded from the
National Parks and Wildlife Service site in OSM?

> The data relates to boundaries of national parks, nature reserves, etc.,
and can be downloaded in various file formats from
http://www.designatednatureareas.ie/mapviewer/ . Their data-use policy page
at http://www.npws.ie/en/DataPolicy/ says that it's "freely available", but
IANAL, so hopefully somebody here can provide clarification.