[OSM-talk-ie] Average speed camera zones

Donie Kelly donie.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 21:01:26 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel

We are currently working on an app for iOS and Android which will crowd source this data. The speed limit data on OSM is lacking somewhat as we attempted to grab the speed data from OSM.

Some zones have more than one speed limit as well so we are going to do it based on the average speed of the users through the zone. I would also like to feed this data back into OSM so thoughts on this are welcome. We just need to get accurate points for the start end points.

I'm thinking a relationship with the speeds might be the right way to do it but I'm open to suggestion.

Donie