[OSM-talk-ie] OpenStreetMap is 10 years old this Sat - Meetup?

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 19:24:14 UTC 2014

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the quick response.

I think to make it worth while for those traveling up from the country
there should be something in Tóg if we can get the space.

Some suggestions on how to fill the day (for those not hacking on something)
- A class on transitioning from the iD editor to the JOSM editor
- A class on address mapping (surveying, tools, methods, workflow etc)
- A class on townland mapping

These are just suggestions so if anyone else has other ideas, please shout.
The first 2 suggestions above I can do if someone else wants to take on the
3rd.

Also, on the day, I want to bring up the subject of formally organising
ourselves into a proper entity.

Dave

Hi all!

I returned to Ireland yesterday. Yes we should do something. I can
organise TOG if needed. It'd take ~5 days to book, but I'm sure it's a
sure thing.

What could we do in TOG? A social meet up / hang out?

Bull and Castle sounds good.

Since it's so close, I suggest we move very fast.

Rory