[OSM-talk-ie] mapping roads

Daniel Cussen dan at post.com
Fri Mar 14 19:50:45 UTC 2014

>I've just got a response from An Garda that my request has been passed up the >chain.
>Fingers crossed.
>Donie

Donie Did you ever get an official response from the Gardai regarding
your request to use the data from Gardai.ie speedzones?

I am very interested in putting in this data too. If we get the
official NO then we can begin mapping them ourselves and proactively
seeking them out and marking them. I travel on national routes
countrywide quite often so I could start getting the GPS positions of
the signs on each side of the road, if we cannot use the Gardai info.

So the first thing should be to get an official respose, and if it is
yes then it should be easy to map the zones

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dspeed_camera
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:enforcement