[OSM-talk-ie] mapping roads

Donie Kelly donie.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:48:21 UTC 2014

Gathering the speed data is more useful for the app. I'd love if we could concentrate on how to map those zones properly.

Have the tags been agreed 100%. Could we do a little tutorial on how to do it properly as I'm body even sure how to do it correctly.

Some zones have more than one speed limit too where they enter villages etc and they are important to capture. No point in the app saying 100kph and then you enter a town and no update for speed. If I do it I want it to be close to perfectas possible.

The 50kph zones in villages are almost impossible to work out as the road types are not documented in Ireland fully. I think they should be marked as residential or something or have explicit speed limits marked for the road.

To be honest I don't think the Garda will give us a definite answer as it may open a can of worms.  They just might not want to get into it.

I'll poke them again to get a response.

Donie