[OSM-talk-ie] mapping roads

Donie Kelly donie.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:32:56 UTC 2014

I’ve followed up with both now.
Thanks for the links. I had let it slide but I’d really like to get this app moving again… I need it myself.

Anybody interested in helping me get these mapped ourselves? If we gather the data ourselves we are under no obligation to anybody?

I’ve set up a few routes with the enforcement on them and I need you guys to check them. You can use the following query at http://overpass-turbo.eu/index.html and it will highlight the roads with speed limits and enforcement on them. There are two on the ennis road leaving limerick and one outside Banagher in Offaly. Can you guys check they are done ok?

http://overpass-turbo.eu/?q=PCEtLQpUaGlzIMSHIGFuIGV4YW1wbGUgT3ZlcnBhc8SIcXXEmXkuxIRyecSJdCBvdcSoYsSmcHJlxJ1pbmcgdGjElVJ1xI1ixKt0b8SNYWJvxJghClnEqiBjxIwgZsSzZCBtb8SwxI7EkMSSxJTEiHdpxLfEtsS4IExvYcWQxL9vbMSjxII-CjzEu2nFgMWpCTzEn8ShxLZ5cGU9IndheSLFqSAJxbBoxJwta3Yga8W4ZW5mxZNjZW3GinQiIHbFuG1heHPFtmVkIi_Fr8WwYsWDeC3FssSlIHt7xqJveH19xp8KxbAvxqZ5xak8L8Wsxa4KxarEr8SzxKjFkmTFtyLFg2TFvMawPMSwY3Vyc8SVdMW1x4Jkb3duxp7Gtsa9bsa_b8eBxbhza2XElMS_x5XGnw&c=BGGE0A8XKN&R

I can build this query into the back end of the app and turn it into a form the app can use. It will be delivered to the app as regular updates automatically so updates to the OSM will make it into the app every day or week or whatever the update interval is.

I’d rather use the OSM as a data source that is dynamic so that if new zones appear in future we can get them into the app with no delay or intervention by me.

I’m using parse.com as the backend if anybody wants to give me a hand… :)

Donie