[OSM-talk-ie] NRA planning maps

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:30:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

In road construction and the like, the designers would always do their own surveying, using the OSI maps only as a guide, as they would have no information on how up to date or or accurate the OSI data is. the OSI data would also lack some of the information they would be seeking, e.g. tree size or exact details of boundaries (height, thickness, make-up). On those drawings, you will sometimes see the OSI layer greyed-out in the background with the project-specific survey overlaid on it.

As to who owns those surveys and drawings - the engineering consultant or the council?

Colm

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead