[OSM-talk-ie] Mobile speed camera zones

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:15:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

1. While the Go-safe cameras may often use particular spots, they can be
placed anywhere in a zone. Garda vehicles can be anywhere at all, not
just the designated zones.

I understnad this is the current list of zones: http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/Total%20list%20of%20ALL%20727%20active%20zones.pdf but an email to traffic at garda.ie should clarify that.

Note that speed limits tend to be poorly signposted in Ireland.

2. I've noticed that road segments often go from village to village, but
this might not correspond with speed limit boundaries. How does one
split the segment into two segments?

3. With some roads, e.g. R166 https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id#map=16/53.7459/-6.2921 the following data fields are available.

Secondary Road
* Name
* One Way
* Speed Limit
* Structure
* Access
* Lanes
* Surface
* Reference
* All tags (2)
* All relations (0)

However, with an adjacent minor road: https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id#map=16/53.7570/-6.3205
 it does not have "Lanes" or "Reference". Is this because it is an unclassified road? How does one record the local road number?

Colm

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead