[OSM-talk-ie] Downloading by overpass API or XAPI data internal to a county

Donal Diamond donal.diamond at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:26:38 UTC 2014

overpass is the way to go it is _very_ powerful.

Here's an example that will download all county,townland, barony and civil
parish boundaries in County Carlow

1) Go to the ireland-only overpass turbo with my pre-baked query:
 http://url.ie/rl4a
2) Press Run
3) It will return 6MB of data -  press 'continue anyway'
4)  Download josm compatiable osm
  a) go to Export menu
  b) right click on "raw data directly from Overpass API'   and select
"Save Link As"  and save as  something.osm
5)  Load in josm/maperative/qgis  etc

Hope this helps.