[OSM-talk-ie] Fwd: [Dublin City Community Maps] Contact Us

Stephen Judge stephenjudge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:32:14 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dublin.ie Support" <support at dublin.ie>
Date: 3 Nov 2014 17:19
Subject: [#ZTX-221059]: [Dublin City Community Maps] Contact Us

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Thanks for contacting us. Dublin Community Maps is now four years old and
was developed at a time when the OpenStreetMap project was not as
sophisticated as it is now. Google Maps was chosen as the majority of the
public have interacted with it before and it provided the necessary layers
we needed. All of our data is stored in our own database and is available
via an API at: http://www.dublin.ie/maps/api If a decision is taken to
re-develop the tool in future, OpenStreetMap will be examined with a view
to integrating it.