[OSM-talk-ie] openpostcode - any interest?

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Nov 14 14:43:58 UTC 2014

Ten years ago, someone could have asked "Is having a free map of the
world desirable?" Ten years ago, someone could have asked if it was
legal, don't OSi have copyright on all maps? Ten years ago someone
could have asked if there was privacy concerns with mapping your
neighbour's address. Ten years ago, someone could have asked if it
would have been possible to do it, considering how big the world is.
Ten years ago, someone could have pointed out how roads and POIs have
no proximity information, knowing the roads in one side of the town
doesn't tell you what the roads on the other side of the town are called.

And now we have OpenStreetMap.

Feel free to make a map with OpenStreetMap data showing openpostcode
co-ords, if you'd like.

Rory