[OSM-talk-ie] Logainm import

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 18:14:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

> From: Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org>
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk-ie] Logainm import?
>
> On 19/10/14 14:48, Colm Moore wrote:
> > On superficial examination, it's geographic information seems
> > imprecise.
>
> Now that's interesting. Do you have an examples?

http://www.logainm.ie/en/s?txt=-6.257980346679596,53.325650555319584

On
 Logainm, the marker for Rathmines West A electoral divison (ED) is
shown centred on Dartry Cottages off Milltown Road, whereas my paper OSI
 map shows it as being centred on the barracks at Portobello. The OSi
map shows Dartry Cottages in Rathfarnham ED.

On Logainm, the marker for Ranelagh North townland is at Oxford Grove. This map: http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,716044,731981,7,7  puts Oxford Grove in Ranelagh South townland.

http://www.logainm.ie/en/s?txt=-6.275811171823653,53.31844131732023

Pembroke West A ED is shown centred on Zion Road, Rathgar, when it actually centred on Bath Avenue at Beggarsbush / Irishtown.

Rathmines East Townland is shown centred on Garville Lane, but is actually exclusively east of Rathmines Road Upper / Lower.

http://www.logainm.ie/13737.aspx

Ballyphehane townland is shown at Doughcloyne Industrial Estate, when it is actually a pair of townlands centred on Kinsale Road http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,567788,570096,5,7 (the Catholic parish is different).

So, vaguely in the right area, but not precise.

Colm