[OSM-talk-ie] One townland spread across two different areas

Mark Tully markjtully at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:12:31 UTC 2014

I had a similar issue with Ballyboughlin in Offaly.  See
http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/oocmaps.html?zoom=15&lat=53.35462&lon=-7.63757&layers=B0000TFFFFFFFF
and http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4122877.

I elected to put both parts into the same relation, ensuring that each part
formed a complete loop in JOSM and marking them all as outers.  The second
section of Ballyboughlin (the "Part of..." section) was entirely surrounded
by Raheen (http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4122899), so I marked that
section as an inner in Raheen's relation.

I did it like this as it seemed like the most sensible method to me, but
maybe there's a better way to do it.

Mark