[OSM-talk-ie] Dublin.ie Dublin City Community Maps project

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:06:46 UTC 2014

On 29/10/2014, Stephen Judge <stephenjudge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just posted this feedback on the Dublin.ie Dublin City Community Maps
> project http://www.dublin.ie/maps/home.php

Nice catch, good message.

AFAIU they have their own local db of POIs, they're not submiting any
of it to Google. Depending on their worldview, getting them to merge
into osm and use that instead might be a tough call.

I'd add that they'd probably get something more responsive by using
leaflet. What they have at the moment feels slower than using overpass
for the same thing ("Bottle Banks" vs "recycling in dublin").

Interestingly http://www.dublin.ie/maps/about shows a screenshot with
clustering in action, but it doesn't seem active on the live site. I
couldn't get them to route me to one of their POI either. And their
bird's eye view is provided by Bing, not Google.