[OSM-talk-ie] Split townlands

moltonel 3x Combo moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:49:36 UTC 2015

On 01/04/2015, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:
> On 01/04/15 15:40, Rachel Murphy wrote:
>> I have a townland that is split in two by a road (Ballysteena, Co
>> Tipperary).  How do you handle this? Do you have to create two separate
>> areas/polygons and then combine somehow?
>
> Hi Rachel,
>
> It's actually not that hard. You only create one townland relation, then add
> all the edges for the first part in as members, with the 'outer' role....
> Then just add all the edges of the other part (again with 'outer')!

While Rory's explanations about split townlands are correct, I'm doubt
that a townland would be split by a *road*. The road itself surely
belongs to a townland, either to the split townland (in which case the
townland isn't split) ot to a townland in-between (in which case
Rory's explanations apply).

If you're not sure, please provide a link to the area for us to look at.