[OSM-talk-ie] Split townlands

John Kennedy jkennedyie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:08:55 UTC 2015

By the way, there are quite a few unusual townlands out there, and maybe
there are two adjacent townlands somewhere with the same name with a road
as the border between them.

E.g. the place we all know as "The Curragh" is made of two adjacent
townlands called..."Curragh". See  http://mapwarper.net/maps/5170 (but in
this case the border is not a road)

The distinction is that each townland is in a different Civil Parish as you
can see here:
http://maps.openstreetmap.ie/civilparish_barony.html?zoom=13&lat=53.14828&lon=-6.83636&layers=BFTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTF
.

Cheers