[OSM-talk-ie] Help please, Dublin ED coastal gap

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Sat Feb 7 07:51:20 UTC 2015

I have been adding Dublin EDs and have coped with shared ways where only
two involved. Clontarf East B ED , relation 4,565134 has a gap from beyond
causeway rd on Bull Island to beyond south tip of Vernon Avenue.
This is a National, Provincal, County, City and postal boundary and I am
too worried to divide the correct one.

The rest of the relation in intact and only needs this gap closed. Hoping
some kind soul more confident and competent than I would close the loop
please.

As a further guide I give the official text below from SI 12 1986

 Clontarf East B

That part of the County Borough situated within a line drawn as follows:—

Commencing at the junction of Sybil Hill Road and Vernon Avenue: thence in
an easterly direction along the imaginary easterly projection of Vernon
Avenue to its junction with the southern boundary of St. Anne's Park;
thence commencing in an easterly direction and proceeding along the said
boundary and its imaginary south-easterly projection to its intersection by
Mount Prospect Avenue; thence commencing in a north-easterly direction and
proceeding along Mount Prospect Avenue to its junction with James Larkin
Road; thence in a north-easterly direction along James Larkin Road to its
junction with the causeway to North Bull Island; thence in a south-easterly
direction along the causeway to North Bull Island and its imaginary
south-easterly projection to its intersection by the County Borough
boundary; thence commencing in a south-westerly direction and proceeding
along the County Borough boundary to its intersection by the imaginary
southerly projection of Vernon Avenue; thence in a northerly direction
along the said imaginary projection and Vernon Avenue to the starting point.

Many thanks