[OSM-talk-ie] upload problem

Donal Diamond donal.diamond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 14:27:46 UTC 2015

Caroline did you resolve your issue?

The conflict is is due to someone modifying and uploading an object while
you were still editing.

In the case of say a county or province relation, the other mapper may not
be editing in your immediate vicinity.

So you need to sync your dataset and then reconcile the differences ie do
you keep your modifications, their modifications or both.

In the case of a county relation normally you would keep both -  ie you
both split a different way on different parts of the county.

Have a look at https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Concepts/Conflict

Without knowing the details of the conflict normally I would say accept
both your and their changes into the relation and see what you end up with.

The longer you leave it the harder it can be to resolve.

If stuck, save your work-in-progress daatset  as a osm file and  pop into
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/osm-ie

Someone might be able to give your realtime help or even get your osm file
and try to resolve it for you.

Uploading often, especially if you are editing along a county boundary
helps avoid or minimize any conflict issues.