[OSM-talk-ie] Next #MapLesotho mapathon on Friday 16th Jan in Swords (Fingal Council)

Dave Corley davecorley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:28:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I wanted to drop you all a quick mail and let you know the next #MapLesotho
mapathon is on next Friday in the Fingal Council offices in Swords [1]

The event is running from 9:30am to 4pm. Lunch is available in the onsite
canteen.

Anyone that is interested in coming along, just bring your laptop and a
mouse and be sure to register a ticket at [2] to allow tracking of the
number of people attending.

To give an idea of how far we've come in terms of mapping the country,
check out this quick vid (6 seconds) [3] showing a years worth of data
growth on OSM for the country

If you would like to help out but can't make it on the day, feel free to
grab a few tiles in the following tasks in the HOT tasking manager and do a
bit

- Urban Task - http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/597 - Please focus on Maseru
if working on this task)
- Rural Task - http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/599

We are trying to complete as much of these before a number of us head down
there in 4 weeks so any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks and I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it on
the day.

Dave

[1] - http://osm.org/go/etqCH~Nvf--?m=
[2] - https://ti.to/maplesotho/maplesotho-mapathon