[OSM-talk-ie] FOSS4G 2016 - Dublin bid invited to submit full proposal.

Peter Mooney petermooney78 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 09:56:39 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

In December I wrote to this list announcing that I would be leading a bid
to host FOSS4G 2016 in Dublin.
Here's a link to the email in the archives [
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ie/2014-December/000913.html]

We were delighted to hear yesterday that the Dublin bid and Bonn (see both
here http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp/) have been invited to submit full
proposals (due before the end of February). I am delighted to share this
news with you. This was announced on OSGeo yesterday [
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2015-January/002870.html]

Whilst this is only a very small step we feel that Dublin FOSS4G 2016 can
be a very strong contender.

Thanks to some people on the list here who gave me some ideas and feedback
for the initial Letter of Intent.

I will keep you informed of the development of the full proposal. While the
full proposal doesn't need to be very prescriptive of what the exact shape
of FOSS4G 2016 will be I will be trying to create an exciting programme.

In particular I'm very interested to chat with any OSM Ireland people (or
OSM anywhere people) on what role OSM might like to play in Dublin FOSS4G
2016. If you have any ideas please get in touch.

I'm also very interested to learn about the use of FOSS4G in companies,
SMEs, startups, volunteer organisations, etc in Ireland as this was
something we have been asked to expand on in the full proposal. Again I'd
be delighted to hear and learn of your experiences and include them in the
proposal.

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted,

Best wishes,

Peter