[OSM-talk-ie] eircode question

Killyfole and District Development Association webmaster at killyfole.org.uk
Fri Jul 17 13:23:17 UTC 2015

Maybe set-up a website like Free the Postcode in the UK ?
http://www.freethepostcode.org/

Once the database gets to critical mass they will hopefully just open the data
themselves, like the Post Office/Royal Mail were forced to do in the UK.

Unfortunately, ignoring it and hoping it will go away rarely works. The
benefits of reliable delivery of goods and services tends to outweigh the
disadvantages with most people.  These people just want something that works!

For OSM to be useful for the masses, it needs to work with this model too.
You type in your eircode and it finds your property, simple, no messing about
trying to find where you want to go.