[OSM-talk-ie] Import of Placename Database of Ireland

Killyfole and District Development Association webmaster at killyfole.org.uk
Thu Jun 4 13:18:11 UTC 2015

>From the material on their website they have some of the townlands for Co
Fermanagh, however the locations are wrong.  Is this something we could work
with them to try and resolve?

PlacenamesNI seem to be in the process of linking to Logainm and vice versa.
In the what’s new section ( http://www.placenamesni.org/whatsnew.php ) they
announce the creation of a two-way electronic link-up.  I have tried to
contact Professor Mícheál Ó Mainnín but have been unable to establish any kind
of communication, I believe he is a very busy person.  However, a few other
people who have worked on the Placenames Project seem to be very open to the
idea of working with OSM, especially the ability to display the map in Irish
language.