[OSM-talk-ie] Overpass / relation issue

Keith at vool.ie Keith at vool.ie
Sat Jun 6 16:27:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am have a small issue with an overpass / relation issue, someone might
be able to point me in the right direction...

I have a geojson file containing the borders of all the counties in the
republic. I extracted from OSM a few years back, I think I used XAPI to
extract and did some conversion/flattening but I'm not 100% sure of the
process.

I now need all the counties in Ireland (the Island) and was trying to
export these via Overpass Turbo, I thought I had it working but have hit
a bit of an issue.

My query and export go fine as does the conversion from json to geojson
(using osmtogeojson), but I am ending up with a geojson file with ~9k
features, where I was expecting 32.

The overpass query returns 32 relations (as expected) and 9735 ways
(which I presume make up the border), I know I am doing something wrong
but I am not too sure if it is with my overpass query or my processing
of the result set.

Any pointers would be great, I have included the query below,  it can
also be viewed at http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/9N3

Thanks in advance,

Keith

[out:json][timeout:900];