[OSM-talk-ie] Landuse

Colm Moore colmmoore72 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:02:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/51.9065/-8.1553

Midleton is a useful example of the different types of housing development. I added most of the landuse in the town. Around the centre of the town there are lots of mixed use streets, that aren't readily decipherable from the Bing photos. While I visited the town a fair bit when I was younger, I haven't been there in 20 years, so my local knowledge isn't great.

Ignoring the gaps in information, the one section that definitely merits change is Carrigshane, where there are clusters of houses and farm buildings marked landuse=residential

> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 05:24:13 +0200
> From: Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com>
>
> JOSM complains about using landuse=farm. IMHO you have to use farmyard
> for the farm house / buildings.

Yes, apologies. I have only mapped 7 of these, so haven't really studied it.

Colm