[OSM-talk-ie] Wanted OSM shapefile of Ireland and province outlines, otherwise blank

Brian Hollinshead brian at hollinshead.net
Tue Dec 6 11:38:08 UTC 2016

The Genealogical Society of Ireland are collaborating with the Royal
College of Surgeons in Ireland on local greatgrandparent DNA comparisions.

They have been using OSM with leaflet layers showing the centroids, areas
covered by each group of eight greatgrandparents and and their individual
locations beside an interactive list of participants. (which my son and I
did for them as they had some difficulties using Google)

I have now been asked if I can provide them with an OSM shapefile of all
Ireland with provincial boundaries but no other detail. They needed one for
a poster for display at a conference in the Conway Institute in UCD this
week and settled for just an Ireland outline. Because this study when
complete will be published internationally i would like them to be able to
use OSM for all map images.

Please can someone either send me a file or explain to me how I can create
one for them.

Thanks